1 large onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves, finely diced
2 stems of picked thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
50ml Evo oil
4 Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
200ml white wine
60g dry mushrooms soaked in 2L boiled water
500g Arborio rice
100g Parmesan, finely grated
25g diced butter
1. Sweat the onions, garlic and thyme in 5g butter and oil until soft for 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the diced mushroom and season.
3. Add rice cook for 2 min stirring all the time.
4. Add wine and cook until the smell of alcohol disappears.
5. Drain soaking mushrooms off and start chopping them.
6. Add the mushroom stock, covering rice by 1 cm, stir once, turn to lowest setting and cook till nearly dry without stirring.
7. Keep adding stock one ladle at a time, stirring constantly until al dente.
8. Take off the heat and leave it covered for 5 minutes.
9. Check seasoning and texture and stir in butter and Parmesan.